Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How Summer is treating us so far...

We are in our second week of Summer around here and so far, so great. I LOVE Summer. Bottom line.

Isabel, Nico and I were alone on Memorial Day (womp womp), so we decided to head out for a drive and a picnic lunch. We ended up near the Salt River and got some fresh air. We weren't out long and we didn't do much, but it was nice to be out and about and not stuck in the house.


This past weekend, we were at Wal-Mart and I decided to grab a few family games. Which is totally against my better judgement, seeing how any and all board games we've ever owned were ruined by some kids I know. Money lost, pieces in the trash, boards colored on, etc. But since they ARE 18, 15 and 7... I thought I would try them out one more time. And it's been worth it!!


Besides Monopoly Empire (which is different than the original), we also purchased Yahtzee and Uno.  I think all the games have been great for Nic... counting, reading, learning to be a super winner and not a sore loser.

Last night, Alex had his friend Jose over, so we played a few rounds of Uno. I am pretty much a champ. :)

Finally.... as far as updates go... Alex has a new job!

Not really  his name badge, Photoshopped it for the sake of this post.

This is a blessing for us/him. It's regular hours (if you count 4pm-1am regular)... guaranteed 32 hours a week unloading trucks at Wal-Mart. He's nearly done with school, just one more Math test to go. He passed his SS, Science and English GED tests (in lieu of graduating), so we are just waiting on that last one. I know graduation season was hard for him as he should have been up there with his friends. We all have take different paths in life. This one for him isn't bad, just different than I would have hoped.

All in all, it's been a fantastic start to Summer for us. We've been busy, but have also found time to relax. We've had great food.... and plenty of sweet iced tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment