Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Update (6.6 - 6.8)

It's Monday and, yet again, the weekend flew by. I wish I could say that we were relentless in something. Cleaning. Organizing. Searching out fun. Finishing our Mad Men marathon. But the fact is, we did a lot of chilling and some visiting with family.

Starting on Friday, Nico and Isabel joined my parents for my momma's company picnic. From all accounts, they had a fantastic time. The weather was warm, but the food, drinks, ice-cream, and water games were the perfect solution. Nico was super excited about the face painting.... I was sent this picture pretty early on in the day.


And then a little bit later, I was sent this picture:

I know it's a little hard to see... the shadow of the branches make it difficult. But that, my friends, is Godzilla. They had bucket fulls of chalk on hand for the kids to go to town. And boy, did Nico.

Speaking of Godzilla. I woke up Saturday morning to a new feature in Nico's room...


#holypinholes

Going back to Friday, Alex accompanied his girl friend, Bri, and her family camping in Show Low. I didn't get pictures from them until they returned, but from the pictures and stories, I would say their quick trip was a success.



We got to spend some time with my nephew, Austin, who celebrated his 11th birthday this weekend... at Skateland. I opted NOT to put on skates this time around, but Isa and Nico both did. It was a noisy, hot, and tiring 2 hours, but it was so nice to see my family and spend time with my nieces and nephews!


And finally... one last photograph to share. My littlest dude.... He was sitting on the arm of a livingroom chair, watching one of the Muppets movies... he was so still and quiet... I had to capture the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment